Scraps gain new life: Ali's cheery altered clipboard!
* First, I sanded the clipboard with 150 grit sandpaper to make sure that the papers adhered well.
* I used larger scraps of paper for the background which I simply Mod-Podged in place. They came from my scrap bin!
* Then, while those were still wet, I overlaid them with scraps of floral patterned paper, having cut out a selection of various flowers from my scrap bin beforehand.
* I also raided my flower bin and added a few prima flowers, for interest. There were many different styles of flower but they made a cheerful montage on the clipboard!
* Once the background was dry, I mod-podged over the flowers. Allowed that to dry.
* I podged the whole surface of the clipboard once or twice more with drying time in between to seal everything well.
IMPORTANT: As you create your decorated clipboard, be sure the altered surface is flat so that when you have paper on your clipboard, you can write properly with no "bumps!" I always simply place 2-3 sheets of paper under my main sheet to be extra sure the surface I'm writing on is as smooth as possible. Computer misprints (we ALL have those!) or scrap paper works fine as a "buffer" if you need one!
*At the top right of my clipboard, I gave new life to an epoxy-centered flower that had been salvaged from another project. I added a pink flower to accent it.
*I tied some fun and fuzzy coloured yarn thru the metal loop of my clipboard and Voila! A pretty clipboard to display near my desk!!
Have YOU made any altered clipboards?? This was my first one, and I'd LOVE to see yours! Leave us a link! I'll definitely be visiting to see what you've created!
Have a wonderful day, everyone! Remember to "Create-it GREEN!"